The Brantford Girls Hockey Association provides financial assistance to members of the Ice Cats family for their post-secondary education.
Awarded annually at the Association Banquet, the goal of the program is to reward and recognize outstanding individuals who excel in the classroom, on the ice, in the community and exhibit qualities of leadership and commitment within the BGHA organization.
- Applications will open October 1st each season
- Applications are open to all U18+ (Rep & HL)
- Players must have played in the Association for 3 seasons
- Applications close June 30th
Review & Scoring:
- The Review team is made up of members not related or part of any of the Midget teams
- Each member of the Review team will sign a confidentiality agreement
- Applications are sent to the review team members who independently score each application
- The review team have a Scoring Template
- The review team will be looking for:
* completeness of the application
* academic performance
* activity and achievements
* references - maximum of 2 letters
- Scoring results are sent to Board before the July Board Meeting
- There will be 3 successful applicants that are determined at the July Board Meeting
- The successful applicants are the players who have the highest score
- The monetary award is dependent on score. For example: Score of 55-60 = $1000.00 or a score of 45-49 = $800.00
- Once the applicants are selected and individually notified, their names will be posted in the Awards section of the website
- The amount awarded will not be included in the announcement
- The successful applicants will also be announced at the next BGHA Banquet (the following season's banquet).
To access the 2022/23 Application form - click here